One of the things that happened to me and that was my headache, was every time I needed to use the microwave and when I opened the door, it was yellow, greasy and really horrible looking, I felt sorry if I had any visitors at home.
I would always clean it with a sponge and the dishwasher I normally use, but it was not successful, the ugly look it had remained the same.
A friend who visited me on one occasion, advised me and gave me some tricks on how to clean a microwave with vinegar, with lemon, with baking soda, and after putting them into practice I was surprised at how easily I did it, and the result I achieved.
My microwave cleaning headache is over, so I want to share it with you today.
How to clean a microwave with vinegar and baking soda
The first procedure my friend taught me is the following:
- In a plastic container I poured two glasses of water and added a big spoonful of vinegar.
- I placed that container inside the microwave, then I marked 15 minutes and turned on the microwave.
- Without opening the door of the microwave, I checked that the water evaporated more or less in the middle of the container, the evaporated water facilitates the release of fat and dirt inside the microwave
- After this I waited 15 minutes, giving the necessary time for the water vapor released from the container to act on the dirty walls of the microwave.
- After the 15 minutes of waiting, I opened the door of the microwave and carefully using a kitchen cloth, grabbed the container and took it out of the oven.
- I grabbed a sponge, filled it with baking soda, and started passing it over the walls of the microwave, you can’t believe how surprised I was, where the sponge passed the dirt and grease off very easily.
- Once the sponge has passed through all the corners of the microwave, I take a clean rag, dip it in clean water and sprinkle it, then I pass it over all the walls of the oven and it shines.
- I cleaned the outside of the microwave, passing the sponge with a squirt of vinegar and the bicarbonate, I passed it over the whole surface, and then I moistened the clean rag again in water and I toasted the outside surface, and it was shiny.
Apart from leaving my microwave clean, I remove the unpleasant smell of accumulated grease.
When I had the need to clean the microwave again, I remembered my friend who recommended several methods to clean it, and I put into practice the second procedure she indicated.
How to clean a microwave with water and lemon
- For this process look for a bottle with atomizer, a sponge and two lemons.
- Wet the sponge well with water and put it inside the microwave
- Fill the spray bottle with water and add the juice of the two lemons.
- Spray the entire inside the microwave with the lemon water.
- Placed 3 minutes in the microwave and turned it on with the water-soaked sponge inside.
- Once the 3 minutes were over, I waited 5 minutes to open it, and with the sponge inside I added a splash of dishwashing liquid and passed it through all the internal walls of the microwave.
- Then use a dry and clean cloth by wiping it all over the walls of the microwave and it looks spectacular.
Cleaning the outside of the microwave
- I mixed in a container with atomizer, a cup of water with a spoonful of vinegar.
- With the atomizer apply the liquid all over the external surface of the microwave and wait 3 minutes.
- To a wet sponge add a teaspoon of baking soda and pass it firmly over the entire external surface of the microwave.
- Then I wiped the entire surface of the microwave with a dry tea towel to remove the dirt that came off with the liquid of water, vinegar and the baking soda.
I learned from all this that complicated things are the result of easy things that are left to accumulate, this dirt that is difficult to remove from my microwave would not have been removed if every time I used it I cleaned it with a wet wipe.
This would have avoided the accumulation of grease and dirt that thanks to my friend’s instructions I managed to solve, now my microwave looks perfect and I don’t feel sorry for people coming into my kitchen anymore.