Whether we realize it or not, mold (mould in the UK) is all around us. Fortunately, in most cases mold is not a serious health problem. However, your house is a place where mold can thrive if left untreated and can cause you major problems. Some forms of mold can pose serious health risks, and even be life threatening.
In this article we’re going to explain why you must learn how to clean mold off in order to keep your home safe for your family and pets.
First check if you really have mold in your house
To know how to effectively remove the mold from your home, you need to know where it is growing. You may have found one patch of mold, but that does not mean that there aren’t others. If you think you have mold all over your house, the answer is YES! Molds are very common and in almost all houses there are several molds that grow, usually in the basement or in the bathroom, where they grow in cold and humid places.
Check if it is dangerous or not
Usually, the mold in your home is too small to affect your health, but if you let it grow, it can cause health problems. For example, did you know that mold can affect the brain like a memory? It is dangerous to think about how fungi affect your mental health. The most common type of home mold is called ‘stachybotrys chartarum’ and, unfortunately, it is the most dangerous. This type of mold prefers to stay in a humid environment such as a bathroom, so it is important to keep the area clean to avoid mold.
Clean and remove it
How to clean mold off wood, from leather, from front load washer gasket can be difficult. We have solutions. Hiring professional mold removal specialists to do the job, is an option but this could cost you several thousand dollars. It’s not really necessary to take such drastic action unless you have a very severe mold problem that is threatening your health.
A much better solution for most homeowners is to simply learn how to clean and remove the mold yourself. This is not as difficult as you may think, and can be done for far less money than it would cost to have professionals do it for you.
Mold is often thought of as a harmless nuisance, but unfortunately this is a misconception. Although molds do not destroy wood as much as rotten mold, parasites emitted by other types of mold can affect your health, causing respiratory problems and sometimes serious side effects. The presence of mold in the house can be a sign that moisture may be flowing through the walls or that the house is not well ventilated.
Mold should always be removed as soon as it appears.
How to clean mold off quickly and easily:
Wipe down the area with a solution of:
- one part bleach
- 6 parts water
and leave it for 24 hours before scraping away the surface growth.
It is always wise to wear a mask when doing this to prevent you from breathing in the spores from the mold.
Most types of molds can be cleaned with household soap or bleach, but you should always protect your nose and mouth when cleaning, and you should remove any cleaning products and prevent others from breathing spores. . When using bleach, make sure you are working in a well ventilated area.
How to clean mold off wallpaper
Moldy wall paper needs to be removed and should be burnt to kill the spores. When putting up new wallpaper you should use a fungicidal sealer and a fungicidal wallpaper paste which will help to prevent the mold from forming again.
It is not good to live in an area where mold grows, for everyone’s health make sure you have everything you need to clean the mold in your home. Mold should always be removed as soon as you see it, and needs to be handled in a safe way so that you do not breathe in harmful spores. Now you know how to clean mold when it appears in the home. It’s also important to look at the long-term solution which is to find out the underlying cause of the damp area and to find a way to fix the problem permanently.