Nike sneakers are famous for cutting-edge design, technological materials, and irresistible comfort.
10 Easy Steps To Keep White Nike Sneakers Clean
- 10 Easy Steps To Keep White Nike Sneakers Clean
- Step 1. Use a Waterproof Solution and a Protector
- Step 2. Use Non-Alcohol Wipes
- Step 3. Weekly Mild Cleaning Routine
- Step 4. Regularly Wash Laces
- Step 5. Wash Soles
- Step 6. Wash and Blot
- Step 7. Keep the Shape
- Step 8. Reduce Shoe Odor
- Step 9. Clean the Insoles
- Step 10. Enjoy Wearing White Sneakers
- Bonus Hack! Take the Creases Out!
Most of Nike shoes are made of natural or synthetic leather and textile upper. Foam and rubber are used for soles. So, it makes the cleaning process quite straight-forward: if only your model doesn’t have mesh upper fabric, you can wash your Nike sneakers with water by hand.
Officially the manufacturer does not recommend to wash Nike shoes in a washer and use a dryer. However, many Nike fans are happy with the results after machine washing their sneakers.
To ensure the long-lasting performance of your Nike kicks, follow these simple steps to take proper care and cleaning. It’s easy to keep your white Nike Air Force looking brand-new and fresh every day:
Step 1. Use a Waterproof Solution and a Protector
When you buy a new pair of white Nike sneakers, use a waterproof solution and a protector before wearing it for the first time. It will help to keep your shoes clean for longer.
Step 2. Use Non-Alcohol Wipes
Use non-alcohol wipes to get rid of dirt and stains as soon as they appear. Also, brush the soles to remove any dirt or stones that might affect your sneakers’ traction.
Step 3. Weekly Mild Cleaning Routine
- Dry brushing to remove dirt from the soles and upper textile. Use a soft bristle shoe brush for that. If you do not have a high-quality shoe brush, no problem, just take an old soft or medium toothbrush, it will also work well;
- If there are some stubborn stains, make a cleaning solution by mixing lukewarm water with a drop of mild laundry detergent or dish soap;
- Nike does not recommend putting your kicks in a washing machine, using bleach or heat-drying. Nike sneakers require careful wearing and delicate cleaning.
As an alternative to professional sneakers cleaning solutions, you can make a paste from 1 tbs of baking soda and 1/2 tbs of diluted hydrogen peroxide. Apply the paste on the dirty spots and gently scrub with the help of a toothbrush.
Also, you can use a magic eraser to clean soles from black marks and hard stains. Avoid using a magic eraser on leather, mesh, and textile parts of your shoes.
Step 4. Regularly Wash Laces
Take out the laces, put in a bowl with warm water and a small amount of the cleaning solution. Soak the laces for 30 minutes, gently rub, then rinse with clear water, and air dry.
However, it’s always a good idea to buy new laces and make your sneakers look fresh instantly.
Step 5. Wash Soles
Apply the mild solution to a soft-bristled brush and brush the outsole and midsole. Dry with a soft cloth.
Step 6. Wash and Blot
Use the mild solution and a soft-bristled brush or a soft cloth to clean the uppers. Then use a dry microfiber towel or soft cloth to blot and lift as much soapy moisture and dirt as possible. Repeat if necessary.
Check out Best Nike Street Style Looks on Instagram.
Step 7. Keep the Shape
Once you clean your sneakers, put the shoe trees in them and let air dry at room temperature. If you do not have shoe trees, you can use an old light-colored towel or paper towel to stuff the shoes and help them keep the shape.
Step 8. Reduce Shoe Odor
Use deodorizer-disinfectant spray. Its antimicrobial properties kill the bacteria and eliminate the smell. If odor endures, you should wash or replace the insoles.
Step 9. Clean the Insoles
It’s necessary to clean the insoles of your shoes from time to time. To do so, take out the insoles and wash them with soapy water. Air dry them thoroughly before putting back in your sneakers.
Step 10. Enjoy Wearing White Sneakers
If your shoes are still dirty after cleaning, you might need to repeat the whole cleaning process once again. Or maybe it’s time to buy a new pair of classic Nike Air Force One, comfortable and affordable Nike Tanjun, or light and stylish Nike Arrowz.
Bonus Hack! Take the Creases Out!
We wish ugly creases never appear on our best leather sneakers. However, shoe leather experience tension at every step you make and develop deep creases as you wear your kicks.
Here is an effective method to get rid of creases out of leather shoes. You can use the moist heat to stretch the leather and ease the creases out.
You will need:
- a steamer or steam iron;
- cardboard inserts or paper towels for stuffing the shoes;
- old white bath towels or washcloths;
- and some water.
Be careful when using this method – too much heat and excess moisture can damage leather and ruin your shoes.
- Take out the shoelaces to make it easier to get the towels in the shoes;
- Stuff your sneakers with towels or put in cardboard inserts to fully stretch the leather;
- Cover the shoe toes with a dry washcloth;
- Hold the steamer 3-5 inches away from the washcloth over the top of the shoes. Check to be sure it’s working fine;
- Once the crease is completely gone from one shoe, repeat the process on another one.